WOULD YOU LIKE TO WORK IN THE NGO WORLD?
ARE YOU DREAMING OF A CONSTRUCTIVE EXPERIENCE IN A FOREIGN COUNTRY?
HAVE YOU EVER THOUGHT OF GIVING BACK TO SOCIETY?
If you’ve answered YES! to those questions, volunteering with LCED does for you. Join us for one of our exciting programs:
1. Volunteer program. For national and international youth with a passion for humanitarian work and eager to acquire meaningful experience within an NGO.
2. Internship. For national and international students, enrolled at university, who are willing to take an internship as part of their study program.
You can find out more information on the programs in the pdf volunteer/internship policy (463 KB) .
WHY volunteer with us?
LCED works to save lives and alleviate sufferings of vulnerable, displaced population in South Sudan and Uganda. This is a great opportunity to enter the NGO world and learn about humanitarian work in practice, both at coordination and field level.
We largely benefit from the work of national and international volunteers, from their technical support to their new approaches and views, which enrich the organization culture and know-how. Help us to achieve our vision and help us grow. Apply for a volunteer/internship position today and MAKE AN IMPACT!
WHO is eligible?
Before applying, check below the eligibility criteria, and if you fulfill them, you are good to go!
- Be 18 years of age or above.
- English proficiency is a must.
- Basic computer literacy.
- Be able to provide a medical certificate of good health before the beginning of the internship/volunteer period.
- (INTERNS ONLY) Be enrolled in a bachelor or master course from a recognized institution, or holding at least a bachelor degree in a relevant area, completed not more than three years before the starting date of their internship.
- (INTERNATIONAL VOLUNTEERS/INTERN) Be able to cover the internship-related costs (travel, accommodation, medical costs, etc.).
HOW do I apply?
- Filled and signed application form.
- Updated CV (not more than 2 pages), including contact details (please provide an email address where you could be contacted).
- Cover letter indicating the reasons for undertaking unpaid internship or provide volunteer service at LCED (to be specified) and the person’s expectations.
- Recommendation letter (ONLY FOR INTERNS) from the university where they are enrolled, or where they graduated from.
If you are selected, we shall contact you as soon as possible! Please be aware that incomplete applications will not be considered.