LCED is currently recruiting for the following positions:
Job Title: WASH Officer
Organization: Lacha Community and Economic Development (LCED)
Duty Station: Juba, with frequent field visits to the project locations for mobile response.
Duration: 2 months, with possibility of renewal according to performance
Application Deadline: 31st July 2019
Under the supervision of the Programme Manager, the WASH Officer will be responsible for the efficient implementation of WASH project activities, including rehabilitation of water points, toilet and hand-washing facilities, distribution of WASH non-food items to the most vulnerable population of Greater Equatoria, identification, training and supervision of community hygiene promoters. S/he will ensure the availability of accurate, complete and up-to-date sex desegregation information required for effective WASH programme and project design, implementation, management, monitoring and evaluation.
The WASH Officer is expected to work 5 days a week, from Monday to Friday, for a total of 8 hours per day, from 9:00 am to 5:00 pm. Due to the mobile responses, the WASH Officer is also expected to work during weekends and public holidays, when necessary.
This role is to be reviewed after 2 months. Renew of the contract will be subjected to performance and availability of funds.
• Conduct field visits to implement WASH activities (rehabilitation of water points, toilets and hand-washing facilities, distribution of WASH NFIs) and periodic programme reviews with other partners, ensuring gender mainstreaming in WASH programming.
• Take part to field assessments, verification, distributions of WASH NFI, and Post-Distribution Monitoring targeting the vulnerable population targeted by LCED, as per request of the Programme Manager.
• In collaboration with the Program staff, take part to the planning and implementation of the WASH field activities, including rehabilitation of water points, toilet and hand-washing facilities, distribution of WASH non-food items to the most vulnerable population of Greater Equatoria, identification, training and supervision of community hygiene promoters.
• Collaborate with different stakeholders (local authorities, community/IDP leaders, other cluster partners, etc.) in order to ensure the effective implementation of the project activities.
• Take part to organized partner/stakeholder meetings as LCED representative in the project locations, when necessary, and provide reports to the Programme Manager.
• Develop activity budgets and work plans for the implementation of the field activities to be submitted to the Admin/Finance Officer and Program Manager based in Juba.
• Report activity updates on a weekly basis to the Program Associate and M&E officer, and provide timely gender-segregated data on project progresses for the drafting of project reports to be submitted to donors.
• Perform any other duty as requested by the Programme Manager or the Executive Director.
QUALIFICATIONS AND SKILLS
Education: Minimum of high school diploma. University degree in a related discipline is an added advantage.
Work experience: At least 1 year of field experience implementing a WASH project.
Language proficiency: Fluency in written and spoken English, and spoken Arabic. Fluency in local South Sudanese language is an added advantage.
Other skills: Computer literacy (Microsoft Office, Excel, Power Point, Internet browsers, e-mailing) is essential. Knowledge of the WASH cluster procedures is preferable.
Professionalism: Ability to take initiative, prioritize tasks, work independently and with minimum supervision. Ability to report to a supervisor in a timely manner. Demonstrated ability to manage processes and maintain accurate records.
Planning and Organising: Demonstrated effective organisational skills and ability to handle work in an efficient and timely manner. Demonstrated ability to coordinate tasks to meet deadlines.
Teamwork: Good interpersonal skills. Ability to work in a multi-cultural, multi-ethnic environment with sensitivity and respect for diversity. Demonstrated ability to develop and maintain effective work relationships with counterparts.
Communication: Ability to write in a clear and concise manner and to communicate effectively orally. Knowledge of the work environments, HR policies and communication lines.
How to apply:
Alternatively, the application can be hand-delivered at:
Munuuki Block B, Plot 80 (off Gudele Road, near St. Kisito hospital),
Juba, South Sudan
Phone number: +211(0) 920700097
Please DO NOT ATTACH any original academic certificate or any valuable document, unless you are specifically requested to present it. Please note that ONLY shortlisted candidates will be contacted.